Compass 55. Working with a map
Tap on a map to show zoom buttons:
Hold your finger on a map to open extra options:
- Create waypoint at the finger location (you can then fine tune the position in the waypoint editor that opens)
- Show or hide waypoints
- Show or hide a line (ray) that points to your target
Here is the map dissected:
- App settings button.
- Menu button (only shown when map is in full screen mode).
- Feedback and help button.
- Waypoint. Tap on a waypoint to open its options (Open, Navigate, Delete).
- User location.
- Full screen button. Tap to go to a partial fullscreen (shown by exhibit above) or a full screen map mode.
- Close full screen button. Return to a regular map size.
- A location “tail” on a map for better orientation. This is not a currently recorded track. Track might be 1200 miles long and you can “pin” any previously recorded track to a map. But currently recorded track is not shown on a map, only this “tail” of the last 30 minutes or so.
- “Follow me” button. Use to either center on your location and follow it or for free browsing of the map. Disable centering, explore the map, re-enable centering.
- Map options. List of currently available maps and their options. Also includes options for map top to show to your direction or North.
- Tiny information panel showing:
- speed and pace when there is no target and tracking.
- distance and eta to the target when it is set.
- track distance and timer when tracking is on, but there is no target set.
Use map options button (#10) adding/setting custom and offline maps. Even without upgrade you can review the process of adding the custom or offline maps.
More on maps: